Monday, June 1, 2020

June 2010

Petroglyph pillow sham
Our TAGY group is not able to meet again this month, but we still continue to be creative and make beautiful art.  Thank you to those who have shared their creations below.

Marie Shirley-Jones
This is an old pillow sham that I did all sorts of things to and then I added rusted fabric to make the bird-headed person petroglyph.


Pam Harris
I was asked by the Anchorage art quilt group, Calendar Girls, to submit a quilt for their yearly challenge and calendar. Their theme: Go Crazy. Theme was chosen last fall long before the world went crazy.

All the fabrics are dyed, painted, stamped, stenciled and/or silk-screened. Most of the embellishments are from garage sales.




Pam joined an online Fabric Postcard group that has monthly challenges. For May (1920’s) I chose Art Deco and decided to do the Cody Theater sign. Theater was not built til the 30’s but utilized a style from the 20’s.







June Postcard challenge 1930’s
Pam researched new words of the 30’s and thought spam would be a fun subject. No one really says what exactly what the acronym stands for but the favored is SPiced  hAM.



Sue Beardsley
Doodles
Seems like I’m making a small dent in the projects in my stash.  I’ve completed a few projects this month: 

Doodles - wall hanging machine embroidery  for my mom’s room;  


Cowboy gnome pillows








Cross-body purse





Puppy-dog throw







zippered pouch - top purple one was a class then made the remaining for gifts;

Bench pillow covers for my mother-in-law








Jacquelynne Steves Silver Linings Quilt along - 1st 3 blocks;



now I’m working on
refinishing furniture for my daughters first apartment!







Jan Hoar
Here are 3 photos of what I have been up to.
I've been without a machine for 3 weeks so I have been painting.


2 tiles with alcohol ink.



The bird is some Jacquard paint on organza.


The last is Jacquard paint on fabric with Golden's medium for texture.













J
eanette Brewster

















Finished Christmas ornaments. Knitted on sizes 0 & 1 double pointed needles.




Carol Kolf



Garden Path
15 x 17"  Garden Path was juried into a show at SAGE Art Gallery in Sheridan!  The show dates are June 16 - July 25.


Bluebird
7 x 7" digital print on fabric was a photograph by John Niehay, used with permission.  I am working on a companion piece with the female bluebird.



Linda MacDonald
I have been doing mostly yard work and genealogy lately, but have also started two Veterans lap quilts.


Have a great summer. Hopefully we can meet again soon for our regular monthly TAGY meeting. Miss you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment